Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Building A Well

I have a long list of blogs I follow - some for cooking, some for quilting, some for laughs...but there are also several I follow of families who either HAVE adopted or are in the process of adopting.

There is one in particular that I have been following for some time now...meet Love
of Moments with Love...yes, her name is Love...she and her husband have 4 daughters...and in 2009 they felt called to adopt and brought home their first little boy...
I have been reading along this year as they prepared to add to their family again...two more (older) boys from Uganda...they are now a family with 7 darling children...
Love just recently returned home with her 2 sons but while they were waiting for all of the paperwork to be completed and everything to be put in order before leaving Africa, she shared about the day her oldest son said he wanted to 'gift' his bicycle to a village he had visited while in his orphanage...and how thrilled the people were to be receiving such a wonderful gift...and how they were excited to show their visitors their water well...and how heartbreaking it was to see what they have to rely upon for their drinking, bathing and cooking water supply...
you can read the whole story here...

I read that post and it made me cry ~ first because of her son's generosity and secondly because of how much I take for granted in my life...but Love is a person who makes things happen and she has found an organization that has already begun fundraising efforts to help build a clean water well for this village.  You can read about her plan here...and you can read about the organization, Morning Star Foundation, and their Busoga Well Project here.  Every little bit helps, and after seeing those photos it was impossible for me NOT to contribute...and I look forward to seeing the completed well project hopefully VERY soon!

1 comment:

atvmtngirl said...

How touching! We need more people like Love in the world!