Friday, February 11, 2011

What's in a Name?

So the decision to move to Alaska took me no time at all to make...the decision to start a blog? Required MUCH more thought...and took A LOT longer...and once I decided to START blogging, the many, many design / template / layout decisions were ten times more difficult than the move...so many choices, so many ways to go...and the name??? It's like trying to decide what to name your child...or your dog...I want it to be just right, to reflect me, to be unique...I read suggestion and idea sites, followed their advice and wrote down my ideas, then walked away...gave it some time...I settled on a name, started the blog...then decided I wasn't sure.

I mentioned "Dog, Dog, Moose" to a couple of friends...they laughed, and voted for it. It's random, and silly, but it makes me smile...my inspiration for it came while laying (lying? I'm never sure on this one) in bed one night...with my two dogs snuggled with me, thinking how could I incorporate my move to Alaska (without making the blog JUST about Alaska) with my dogs in some way without coming across as a completely crazy dog owner. With animals in my mind, I thought of "Duck, Duck, Goose" and then thought, "Dog, Dog, Moose"...my two dogs, and the soon to be many moose sightings I anticipate experiencing up in Alaska ~ and that's the simple explanation to my choice in Blog title ~ nothing terribly profound.

And now, because I'm still learning, here is a gratuitous dog photo of my boys...



P.S. Can you tell I like using ellipsis marks?!? :)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I LOVE the title you picked. Super cute! Can't wait to follow the adventures of you and your boys. ;)