Thursday, February 24, 2011

Postage Stamp Quilt

I am not a fast quilter. I do not whip out projects in a day or two. I am somewhat 'Type A' and have to check and double-check myself before going to the next step, sewing the next pieces together etc...because I want to make sure I haven't missed something obvious. So when Rachel Griffith at P.S. I Quilt hosted a 'Quilt Along' to make THIS "Postage Stamp" quilt, I am not sure why I thought I could do it. I love square patch quilts - it's pretty much the only quilt making I've attempted so far...with the exception of one quilt...which consisted of a bunch of rectangles...I know, I know, I really know how to shake things up...but I love the patchy look of squares. Anywho...I got as far as week one in the quilt along - deciding on what fabrics to use and subsequently purchase. I selected Deb Strain's "Fresh Flowers" by Moda.


I guess technically I made it to step one and a half because I did get the color strips and white strips sorted into piles...now it's time to start sewing them together. Rachel's Quilt Along schedule had everyone completing their quilt tops in about 4 weeks ~ if I didn't have to work and could spend all day at home, MAYBE, I'd get it done more quickly...but probably not...I find I'm easily distracted when I'm home with lots of time on my hands...too many decisions about what to do...should I read, play w/ the boys, get together with friends, do laundry, sort through more stuff for my upcoming move, sleep etc... :)

So I'll post my progress but I'm not making promises on how QUICKLY I'll progress...my goal is to have it finished before I leave for Alaska in July.

No comments: