Monday, September 5, 2011

Hide and Seek

The first thing I usually do in the morning is open the window blinds in my bedroom and check to see if there are any moose or bears in the yard.  Up until the other day, there hadn't been...I think they are usually earlier risers than I am.  But the other morning, I raised one of the blinds and saw a female moose lying in the yard.  I didn't want Duncan to start barking at her (Dave hadn't noticed her), so I shut him in the bathroom, but by the time I got downstairs with my camera, she had stood up...
I waited for her to leave the yard before letting the dogs out...they immediately ran over to the area where she had been laying in the grass...
They ran around in the yard for a couple of minutes and then ran into the bushes...Duncan disappeared for a minute...and the next thing I know...the moose was back...chasing Duncan...
I kind of froze...not sure what to do...I knew I couldn't get out there fast enough to do anything...so I decided to do the only thing I could do...hold my breath...and take pictures... :)
She chased Duncan off and then Dave decided to have a turn at her...dumb dog...
This picture is blurry b/c I decided I'd better see if I could get them inside and was running and taking the picture at the same time...here she is chasing Duncan again...she finally ran back off into the bushes...they went from playing hide and seek to a game of tag...I'm hoping they've learned their lesson!