Monday, March 7, 2011

Costco Love

I'm not sure what it is about buying in bulk that is so exciting, but it is...I try to refrain from going tooooo crazy when I'm in Costco...I rarely buy fresh produce because I know there's no possible way to consume all of it before it goes bad...but toiletries, tuna, cereal, dog treats etc...are commonly in my cart.

I like looking at all of the books (but I've learned to just jot down titles that look interesting and then go reserve them at the library) and clothes, and sometimes find myself just wandering up and down the aisles because you never know what you might find. And of course, who doesn't love the free samples?? I've heard of some people who go to Costco for their 'lunch' and just fill up on the samples.

I also like Costco because they have many easy to throw together meals. They have take n bake pizzas for $9.99 and that is what I was recently after, however they did not have the Tomato, Basil & Mozzarella pizza I wanted...I found these raviolis instead...they aren't "& Mozzarella"...they are "Grilled Chicken & Mozzarella" ravioli and they were really good! They come in a 2 pack, but I'd already made one package before thinking to take a picture, so just use your imagination. :)


All you have to do is cook them for 3-4 minutes in boiling water...then drain and toss with some olive oil...

and then serve with your favorite sauce ~ super easy!!

Next up...trying to figure out what to do with the 2 giant slabs of thick bacon currently in my freezer...courtesy of Costco...definitely an impulse buy, but it looked too good to pass up...and who doesn't like good bacon???

2 comments:

Mary said...

BLTs and BLT pizzas. This breakfast place on sunday had chocolate and bacon waffles. You could try. ;)

Melody said...

BLT's for sure! I also saw on Kevin & Amanda's blog that she's posted weekly menus and there were one or two recipes that had bacon in the ingredients list... :)