Thursday, March 3, 2011

Marco

I have a secret love...his name is Marco...his full name is Marco's Coal-Fired Pizza. He's so tasty...and so thoughtful...he just opened a second location a mere 10 minutes away from my home...Before now, I had to drive all the way downtown to see him - sometimes an hour or so if there was traffic, so we didn't get together very often. But now he's so close! I'm so excited! I can't wait to see him again...probably sometime this weekend.

My favorite thing on the menu is the Toscana pizza. It's SO good...but then I haven't had anything I dislike at Marco's. And it seriously takes longer to ORDER your pizza than it does to COOK it in their oven. That's because they cook their pizzas in a 1000* (yes, that's ONE THOUSAND DEGREES) hand-crafted hickory-fired oven. And many of their toppings come FROM Italy. They have more than pizzas too - I've heard great things about their Meatball Sliders and their Coal-Fired Lemoncello Chicken Wings but I'm sold on their pizzas. And for DESSERT...they have Nutella Pizza!! It's a little spendier than your average pizza place, but it's SOOOO worth it!!

I wonder if I can convince Marco to open up in Alaska...if not, then I'll just have to make the most of my remaining time here in Colorado.


I love you Marco! :)

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I looked at their menu -- looks SOOO good. I want the tiramisu and ALL of the pizzas. Can I blame the gluttony on pregnancy??

Melody said...

Of course you can...unfortunately I don't HAVE a good excuse for MY gluttony :)

Amy said...

Can you believe I still think about the Marco's pizza we had a year ago?! It easily trumps Chicago style pizza any day! I sure wish I had one close to me! I'm jealous!! Eat some for me! :)

Mary said...

When I get back to Denver we are so there. Don't get tired of it too soon....

Do they have outdoor seating?

Mary said...

Oh, and also, I think your favorite should be the "Brooklyn Pizza." Just saying is all.

Melody said...

Amy, come out again for another visit and we'll go! :)

And Mary, there IS outdoor seating...could be kind of breezy though...I think its ironic that the Brooklyn pizza is lots of meat...they obviously don't know you at all!

:)