Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"To Do" List

This weekend I was able to cross off another of my major 'to do' items from my list for my upcoming move to Alaska. If you recall from this, my very first post, there were 3 major things on my "to do" list...

1. Find someone to rent out my Colorado condo
2. Find a job in Anchorage
3. Purchase a vehicle to get me up there

Well, now, all that's left is for me to find a job!!  After several weeks of on-again, off-again car hunting, and having a heart to heart with myself in coming to terms with what I WANTED to buy vs. what I could realistically AFFORD to buy, I found the necessary four wheel drive vehicle I will need to get up to Anchorage.  I'm so thankful to have this off my plate (car shopping is NOT something I enjoy) and I'm really pleased with my purchased.  Please meet my "new" 2007 Ford Explorer:







Now...about that job... :)

8 comments:

Mary said...

Score--it's quite lovely! Does it have new car smell?

Maybe I can see it Sun or Mon...the plan is to head back Saturday..I have a 2nd interview today and a TEST for the company on Friday. Aggghhh! Maybe Pho Sunday later afternoon or lunch on Mon?

Alison said...

Yay for a car! So happy for you.

Melody said...

Thanks guys! :)

Amy said...

Love your new car! Looks very comfy for road trips!! :)

Melody said...

You'll find out soon enough Amy!! :)

Amy said...

Can't wait! It's going to be such fun!

Tiffany said...

Will you be pulling a U-Haul, too, or is what you fit in the back what you're taking with you??

Melody said...

Tiffany - I'll be pulling a small U-Haul. No way I can fit everything in the back :) the dogs stuff alone will probably take up that space :)